Tuesday, June 29, 2010

27 week check up with Dr. J

I had another great check up with beloved Dr. J today. Everything is going well...except that I only have one more visit with him until Gummy Bear is born :(
You see, Dr. J is close to retirement, he doesn't do deliveries anymore. He has handled my pre-natal care up until now, but the time is coming when I get to start seeing the Dr. who will actually deliver Gummy. Ironically enough, this particular Doc also delivered Rockstar Daughter because Dr. J was on holiday when I went into labour with her, so I am familiar with him, and feel pretty good about seeing him again (I just really love my Dr. J!)

Check-up check-points:
BP was excellent, as it always has been. I've never had high blood-pressure in my life, and I'm super happy that its staying on the good side! One less thing to worry about.

The scale gave me quite a little surprise though....a good one! I am down another 3.5lbs. I almost fell off the scale when I saw the number! I mean, I've been eating. everything. especially Fuzzy's Fries. It doesn't seem to make sense, but I although I do indulge from time to time, I'm actually eating healthier then ever, so I guess that is the key (duh). I was initially worried when I saw the number, but when I asked Dr. J he said he thinks I'm doing wonderful and not to worry. So, hes the Doc, and I'm gonna take his word for it!

Dr. J listened for the heart beat with this weird, prehistoric, stethoscope type thing with his ear on one side and the other side pressing on my belly. He said he could hear it VERY LOUD! Yay Gummy has a strong heart beat. Unfortunately, I was only able to use his regular ol' stethoscope to hear and could only pick up a faint noise. I know, I know. My Doctor doesn't have a Doppler. WTF right? Well, that's what I thought, but he said my first appointment with delivery doctor I will be able to hear it for myself. He assures me everything is great with his/her heart.

So far, no swelling anywhere, so that's good to!

All in all, a great appointment! This Mamabear is satisfied!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome news on the great appointment!!! Any baby bump pictures to share? When did you start to show? I guess you show earlier with your second eh? I'm wishing I would hurry up and look pregnant!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your mark!