Thursday, June 3, 2010

Gummy Bear News

As I've mentioned earlier, our Baby, who we affectionately named Gummy Bear will be joining us in 4 short months! So hard to believe. Let me take you back to when it was new to us!

The day started out like any other, but ended on a very different tone! After finally deciding to purchase a pregnancy test (Hubby was sure I was preggo, me, not so much!) to our surprise and delight it did show as positive! Directly after, I instructed Hubby to please go get us another one "just to be sure". As he was backing out of the driveway at 6pm to make a run to the drugstore I promptly called Sissy C. She guessed right away what my news was. We had our little "YAY"s and "OHMIGOD"s and she then told me to call her back RIGHT AFTER I took the second test! Well, as you probably guessed it gave us the same results! But, the funny part is, I was so stunned I actually got Hubby to go to the drugstore again and get us a THIRD test! There were many phone calls made that night to Sissy lets just put it that way!

We initially decided to wait a little bit to tell our families (Besides Sissy of course) but that idea went out the window shortly after we agreed. Thankfully both Hubby and my parents (Ma and Pa H & Ma and Pa D) live on the same street in our little community so it was easy to make the trek to spread the news! The rest of our family/friends had to wait until I at least had a visit with my doctor.

Since that wonderful day alot of happenin's have occurred in our happy little home. After almost 4 months of extreme throwing-up-ness (MORNING sickness my arse!) I lost 37 pounds in total. Now, pick your jaws up off the floor because I have to be honest, I had it to lose. All of it.....and then some! The definition of cruel irony is having tons of beau-tee-ous maternity clothes that my Lovely Nanny bought me and not fitting into them. Not only am I not fitting into them (STILL) but I am wearing clothes that didn't even have a chance of sliding onto my curves before I was preggo! Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy and feeling wonderful about getting some extra weight off, but it was hard at first to except the fact that it was perfectly fine and safe to lose some of those curves! Actually as of my most current Dr's appt yesterday I've gained.....wait for it.....half a pound!! I thought it would be so much more considering I'm now scarfing down anything that looks yummy to me! All involved, Doctor J, Hubby and me are pleased :)

Long story short, I'm feeling wonderful now and am happy to say that people are finally noticing the pregnant belly.

6 comments:

  1. GREAT start to the blog :) Keep the updates coming-- you know I'll be checking back regularly <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, i didn't know you lost that much!!! congrats & i'm glad to hear mama & gummie are doing awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job Sheena! Keep it up!

    --KIM--

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments ladies. To post your name you comment as "Name/URL" and it should leave you a space to type it in!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s you look awesome with your preggo belly!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your mark!