Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hamster See, Hamster Do

Just read this adorable post from a friend of mine's blog. She is also a fellow Mama-to-be (Their first) and she has joined our huge family/group of friends through my Sissy. Ok, here goes....She is my Sissy's Husband's Twin Brother's Wife. Got that? So, in essence, she is my Sissy's sister-in-law. The way my twisted mind works, that makes us some kind of sisters....right?

Her Blog is the one that I've been reading loyally for a long time now and actually finally gave me the guts to go ahead and write my own!! Thank you, little hamster :)

Check it out, its Beau-tee-ous:

www.newlyb.blogspot.com

Anyways, this was her latest post and I thought it was so cute, why not do one for my Gummy Bear?


Several of my favourite mommy & mommy-to-be bloggers post semi-regular updates of their pregnancies. Since Gummy Bear is taking up so many of my thoughts these days, it seemed to make sense to fill you in on our progress.


How far along? 26 weeks :)


How big is baby? The latest book that I'm nose-deep in and the pregnancy website I frequent tell me that Gummy Bear is just under 2 pounds and about 12-14 inches long. A good food comparison would be an eggplant. *Funny moment last night while grocery shopping with the Fam we somehow stumbled upon an Eggplant (I've never bought or attempted to cook one before) and I proceeded to hold it up to my belly and announce, look, its our baby. I think the grocery store was quite empty, otherwise I would have gotten the look from Rockstar Daughter. That would have been scary.

Total weight gain: As of my last Dr's appointment I had gained 1/2 a pound. But I've actually lost 37....so I guess that brings my total to minus 36.5?


Maternity Clothes? I have plenty of yet-to-be-worn maternity clothes (see above) so I have not purchased any lately, but I was just saying to Hubby this morning that I am going on a hunt for some good maternity skivvy's this week.

Stretch marks? None yet!


Belly button? I'm about half way between an innie and an outtie now, but I can feel it changing more everyday!


Sleep: Gahhhh....what is this mythical word you speak of? SAH-LEEP?
Ok, I may be exaggerating a bit, but my sleep patterns are totally messed up! I'm finding it harder and harder to find a comfy position and spend most the night tossing and turning. I've tried it all. Sleeping with extra pillows, sleeping with minimal pillows, sleeping with my legs propped up, heck, there were a few nights where Hubby and I actually slept Head-to-Toe. Sad, but true. So far, I have yet to find the perfect sleeping position, but I'm going to keep on truckin'. Besides, my napping is at an all time high during the day, so at least I'm getting my shut eye then!

Movement: Love. Nothing feels better then feeling Gummy Bear kick the crap out of me. He/She has a very distinct sleep pattern already. I notice it A LOT more right when I am laying down in bed or on the couch (which you just learned happens frequently now).

Food cravings: Two words. Fuzzy's Fries. One more word. Yum. I wouldn't say that I'm craving them. That is putting it mildly. I'd phrase it like, I'm at the point where it's "Take me to Fuzzy's now or I will make the rest of your life a living hell" phase. For those of you unfamiliar, it's an awesome little chip wagon here in CB that sells home-made, fried in peanut oil, smothered in pepper and vinegar, french fry goodness. And they are super cheap to! What a lethal combination!!

What I am looking forward to: Obviously meeting Gummy Bear is event that I'm most excited for, but there are others too. I am excited for the ultrasound that should take place a few weeks before He/She gets here. I'm excited to have our in-place-of-a-baby-shower BBQ get together at our place. I love going to the Doctor's now as well. So many things to be excited for!

Milestones: I'm so happy to be getting ready to enter the Third Trimester! YAY! That's a pretty big milestone that is coming up. I can't believe how much time has passed already! Feels like yesterday since we found out Gummy Bear was on his/her way!


That was fun!

Gotta go get me some Fuzzy's :P

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, MamaBear! :)

    Oooo Fuzzy's!! I LOVE FRIES! But I've never had a chance to have Fuzzy's. We have to go together for a fry fix when we're home in July!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your mark!