Monday, June 14, 2010

Pre-Gummy Bear To-Do List

Any of you who know Ma H & my Sissy already are aware of how they are amazing with lists. They make them, follow them, and add to them ALL THE TIME. Me on the other hand? Well, I always have good intentions when it comes to "The List" but I always seem to misplace it, forget it home and not realizing it until I'm walking around the produce section or just simply not bother with making one. Even Hubby is a great list maker/follower. So, I'm gonna give it another go! I thought to myself if I post a list on burstingsmile then it can't be lost or forgotten on the counter or get misplaced within the depths of my purse, so why not? We do have a very good handle on all the supplies we will need for shortly after the baby gets here, but there is always something else to add!

- Get a dresser for Gummy's clothes
This is (almost) taken care of. We have a dresser lined up that lovely friends P & G are giving us within the next month, so really all we have to do to cross this off our list is simply transport it to our house!

- Gummy's Crib
This item also is pretty much taken care of. Ma & Pa D kindly offered to buy the baby's crib as a wonderful gift! Can't wait to pick it out and set it up. We are in no hurry for that of course, seeing as how we are hoping to keep him/her in the bassinet we have in our bedroom

- Baby proof the house
I know we don't really have to worry about baby gates and those door handle thingy's yet but it's still on our "list"

- Purchase a small video camera
Hubby & I have always wanted one and seeing as how Rockstar Daughter's entire baby-hood was videotaped and enjoyed still to this day we would like to do the same for Gummy as well. Plus, it serves as excellent blackmailing material for the teenage years which Rockstar Daughter will shortly discover.....muhahahaha

- Bathroom Reno's
Seems like in our happy little home we always have something we want to do....its fun and we all really enjoy it! Right now the basement is being (slowly but surely) transformed into a teenager haven for Rockstar Daughter. Before we get back to that we really want to change the fixtures in our bathtub. The existing ones are very dated and not the most energy efficient. This is something we really want to change before the due date!

Hmmm...this list business sure seems easier then I figured. I guess I will have to keep adding to it as time goes by. I just may be a born-again List Maker!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog, lady :) I just subscribed so I won't miss any posts!

    Husband and I recently got a video camera to make home movies of our babe-to-be and we love it.

    http://www.theflip.com/en-ca/products/ultra.aspx

    They're not too expensive, and it's super easy to download to your computer, add videos to YouTube or burn to DVD.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your mark!