Thursday, June 10, 2010

5 Best Flicks about Pregnancy

I love a good movie. I love love a good, funny movie. I love love love a good, funny, movie that you can relate to! I've compiled a little list Du Jour about my favorite movies that are focused on pregnancy, baby daddy's, labour, and other hilarious points of the wonderment of those 9 months!

5. Where the Heart Is
Ok, so this one is not really funny, more of a drama, but I still really liked it. This was made in 2000 and features Natalie Portman as the mamabear who is struggling with relationships and life in general. It has a great cast that includes Joan Cusack, Stockard Channing and Susan Sarandon. Check it out if you haven't seen it!

4. Juno
This movie started the Ellen Page movement. She was brilliant as the main character and was complimented great by Michael Cera (one of my favorites). Her crazy family will make you laugh every time they are in a scene. Great soundtrack to! I also developed a huge crush on Jason Bateman after seeing it, even though he was kind of a jerk in the story.

3. Knocked Up
Another comedy that lets you sit back, relax and not think for a beautiful 1.5 hours. Full of laughs and one liners and cute scenes. I have to admit, I'm not a huge Seth Rogen fan lately, but this movie was one of his bests when he was the newbie comic with all the funny lines! This movie is complete with bad language, graphic labour scenes and a happy, if unrealistic, ending.

2. Nine Months

Now, if your like me, and find Hugh Grant highly boring and very annoying, try to watch this movie and I think you will be pleasantly surprised! This was made in 1995 so, he was kind of new to movies and very likable in this movie. Julianne Moore was great as well, they both complimented each other and it was a believable story. Joan Cusack and Tom Arnold were hilarious as friends of the couple and stole many scenes! A nice bonus is Robin Williams as their OBGYN who, before moving to the U.S.A had specialized in prenatal care and delivery.....in rats!

Drum Roll please..........

1. Father of the Bride Part 2
How can you not love this movie? Still to this day if I'm channel surfing and see it on the guide I cannot resist a good chuckle along with Steve Martin, who is not only waiting for his grandchild to be born but also is own son/daughter, as the love able dad who eerily reminds me of my own Pa H (not including his little mid-life crisis of course!) and Frank (Martin Short), the hilarious wedding planner who they befriended in the first movie and thankfully he made his way to the sequel. This is the perfect example of a feel good comedy. If you haven't seen this movie yet.....whats wrong with you?? Go rent it!!!

So, that's it, my short list of pregnancy movie faves...do you have any to add??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your mark!