Saturday, June 12, 2010

Yard Sale Finds

Success!! Ma H and I set out early this morning in search of useful treasures for Gummy Bear and we were not disappointed! First stop of the day and she was able to score the EXACT same playpen Hubby and I bought on our first yard sale mish. It was in perfect shape and not only that, but she paid only $5.00!! In case you don't remember, we paid $20.00 for the one we found! Needless to say Ma H was beaming with pride and satisfaction for the rest of the morning. Still not sure if this is due to the find or paying so much less then we did! :)

At the same sale I purchased one of those music thingys that attaches to the baby's crib that plays lullabies and emits some soft light with an aquarium background for $2.00!! YAY. Those things are expensive new, and I feel even better about it because I know the family very well! Double YAY! Not only did she give us great prices, but also told me to call her this week because she has a stroller/car seat duo she would like to sell me for a great price! I already have a stroller, but do you think it would be worth it to have an extra one for grandparents visits, etc? I don't want to get too much but it seems like such a good idea to be prepared!

After many more attempts at various yard sales we were unable to get any more baby stuff, but we did get some nice things for our homes. Ma H found very pretty vases and I scored a beautiful material wall hanging piece that will look lovely in my foyer! Very happy.

After finishing up with yard sales we decided to pop into the local Farmer's Market. We both picked up very pretty home-made crib sheet sets and burp clothes. All really durable and soft for Gummy Bear's sensitive skin!

I'm going to go ahead and say that this week's adventure was very successful and also a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your mark!