Thursday, June 17, 2010

RIP

June 25th.
One year ago today Michael Jackson died. He was 2 months away from his 51st birthday. It was a sad day in our usually Happy Little Home. I remember that we were sitting on the side lines of Rockstar Daughter's first soccer game for that season when I received the first call. Ma D called to ask me if I heard the news. Now, usually I would be up on all the happenin's of this crazy world, but that particular day we were switching tv/internet and phone service providers and we were left without all three for about 12 hours. I refused to believe it. I decided that no matter what, if I didn't hear or see it for myself there was no way it could happen, right? Well, pretty soon after countless phone calls and posts on my FB wall and text messages from concerned friends and family I finally accepted it.

I know I'm sounding dramatic but....I LOVE HIM! I've been a huge fan since, well, my whole life! Ma and Pa H tell stories of me as a BABY sitting upright out of a dead sleep when Thriller came on the TV or radio. This always gave me a hilarious mental picture of them trying to keep MTV off the TV and keep the radio turned down when I was napping (This was probably not easy, music was always playing at our house. It's like I have my own personal soundtrack of my childhood). Anyways, I will elaborate on the MJ obsession. I have a cat named Billie-Jean and we had a pup named Jaxon (I switched the spelling so Hubby would agree to the name) who passed away only a few short months after his namesake. My IPOD is FULL of MJ songs and our wedding had all the classics played. I have 3 biographies, 2 calendars and DVDs which are all frequently used. While watching his televised funeral, I cried so hard I made Rockstar Daughter uncomfortable enough to quietly leave the room and CHOOSE to go do her homework in her room. With the door closed. And her stereo on Full Blast as to drown out my sobs. I still remember looking at her through my blurry from my tears, red, blotchy eyes and saying, very defensively, "I can't help it, it's just SO SAD!". Yep, that was her cue to leave me alone. Hopefully the therapy bill won't be too big.

I.JUST.LOVE.HIM.

I proclaim his innocence whenever I feel it is being questioned and Hubby STILL tries to argue with me. He never wins though. All my friends just accept the fact that his songs will always be played in my car, at parties or even as my ringtones. Even Rockstar Daughter has succumbed to the madness. She is the only 11 year old that can sing along with all the classics and really appreciates the music. Or, actually, she may be just humoring her Mamabear....either way, its fine with me!

MJ is missed all over the world, and very much by moi.

Just wanted to give a little shout-out to the King

RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your mark!