Thursday, June 17, 2010

Top Ten

I promise, this will be my last Michael Jackson post. Wait, there is no way I can actually promise that, so I will rephrase. I promise, that this will be my last Michael Jackson post.....today. Yea, much better. Realistic even.

In honor of the Great MJ I've compiled a list of his top ten tunes according to moi. See if you agree:

10. Thriller

You may be surprised that I chose this song as number ten. I've always liked it, but it doesn't make me really wanna groove like some of his others. I think the reason I like it so much is because it is Rockstar Daughter's absolute favorite! She is too cute singing along and making up dances....brings a tear to my eye, I tell ya!

9. This Is It

I really enjoyed the movie that came out shortly after his death and this was the title track and name of the movie. He is backed by an orchestra in one of the versions and its really a great song and actually kind of ironic.

8. Scream

Now, I'm not usually a fan of duets, but there is just something about Michael AND Janet Jackson singing together, dancing together and flipping the camera the bird together. I really liked this video and I always sing along!

7. Will You Be There

Anyone my age will remember the Free Willy movies. This song was played during the credits of the first movie and I've loved it ever since. I love how his voice sounds during this song and the lyrics are beautiful.

6. You Rock My World

This song reminds me of the Capri Club....shudder. I can recall many nights dancing like a maniac, trying to moonwalk (Oh god) across the dance floor and singing along as loud as I could! Good times.

5. Earth Song

How can you ignore a song that describes exactly what the world is going through. This song was actually recorded in 1995, and in my opinion was ahead of the game as far as talking about the environment. Here is a little tip....you have to listen to this song LOUD! It takes it to a whole new level.

4. Billie-Jean

Ahhh....my kitty's namesake. Has a special place in my heart. I've listened to this song since, forever. I still become mesmerized with the video and Rockstar Daughter knows all the words. Just a feel good song with a unique beat that cannot be, um....beat.

3. Human Nature

MJ recorded this song in 1983, when I was 1. I didn't know it existed then, but I started listening to it as a teenager and fell in love. No real reason, I just think the lyrics and melody are great.

2. I Just Can't Stop Loving You

Another Duet. If you saw the movie you will remember the wonderful singer who accompanied him, she was great and really complimented the song. The original singer (Siedah Garrett) does a great job to. I wish I was able to convince Hubby that this would've made the PERFECT wedding song! :)

.....................................................................................

Numero 1.

We have a tie ladies and gents:

REMEMBER THE TIME

I know, its not the song with the best video (Though I thought and still think its awesome!) or the deepest lyrics, but I just frickin love this song. Can't pinpoint exactly why, but it just makes me wanna bust a move!!

THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL

Nothin makes me wanna dance more then this song! I love the beat, the lyrics, the video, the everything about it!! When MJ did a surprise duet with Britney Spears (Gag) at an awards show a few years ago, they performed this song and it was so great!!

Some people might be surprised at some songs I've left off the list. There are no songs I really dislike, but there are a few I skip through, even though I take the time to add them to my IPOD Library or burn to a CD (I think its a loyalty thing).

Some of these said songs:
Beat It
Bad
Ben
and
Don't Stop Til You Get Enough

Any surprises?

Thanks for reading my list. This was a fun post!!

RIP M.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your mark!