Monday, June 7, 2010

Newest Obsessions

Yard Sales and Kijiji

Hubby and I decided to try our luck with a few yard sales Saturday morning just for something different to do and we were pleasantly surprised! We went to a few and only really found one with some baby items for sale! We found a beautiful GRACO Playpen at this one particular spot that folds up in a nice little case and was only used a few times! It is very user friendly, which is a must for us (Those of you snickering obviously know Hubby & I's combined clumsiness is one of our most redeeming qualities!). :) The lovely couple only asked $20.00 for it! We were so happy! So, since then I have recruited my Momma, Rockstar Daughter, Lovely Nanny and Crazy Aunts to accompany me on a Yard Sale Extravaganza this Saturday complete with a schedule of destinations in my hunt for baby bargains! Days spent with these ladies always ensures laughter, good natured insults, lunch and sometimes the occasional visit to a pet store to see the puppies (We can't resist). On another note, very excited for Sissy to be able to join us next time since she is moving home in 3 days but has prior commitments for her first weekend home.

And ahh yess, the wonderment of Kijiji! Yesterday I was browsing the baby items and came across the cutest bathrub ring for infants that not only is comfortable for the little Gummy Bears but also adds arm support for the Mamabears as well! The brand is Safety First. The ad said it was used only twice and was in perfect condition so after a quick 7 minute drive and another $20.00 (This was a lovely gift from Ma & Pa H) it was ours! I know its a little early seeing as how our Gummy Bear isnt even here yet, but I could never resist a good deal! :)

I strongly reccommend any new Mamabears to try out these great ways of finding some real steals!

I'll make sure I post what I find in the upcoming adventure because I would hate to leave you all hanging! :P

3 comments:

Leave your mark!