Monday, July 12, 2010

That's Gonna Leave a Mark

Thought I would use tonight's Insomnia to post about my latest adventure. Don't get your hopes up, it's nothing exciting.

So, most of you already know, I am THE Clumsiest person in the Universe. I took a little "trip" today down my Nannie's steps. Landed on my bum, don't worry, absolutly NO belly trauma suffered whatsoever. Thankfully a friend was with me and he helped me get up so I could brush myself off. After dropping him off I decided to call Health Link 811 just to be sure, even though I felt fine and even did a little Twisty Dance to prove it to said friend and frazzled Nanny. The lady I was speaking to was very nice and asked me a bunch of questions. I had some back pain, which was located right on the tailbone so I knew that it was a result from the fall, but nonetheless she said that it was in my and Gummy's best interest to take a visit to the local ER to get a look over. I am not one to not follow medical advice, so I then called Hubby and off we went.

The nurse at the ER sent us up to the Labour and Delivery Unit Stat for an assessment. They were super nice there, very sweet and comforting. I got hooked up to the fetal monitor and finally got to hear the heartbeat of the baby! We were elated. It was very clear and averaged 145! After being monitored for an hour a having a few other routine tests we were given the go-ahead to leave. They said the baby sounds wonderful and not stressed at all! Yay

Other then the pain in my butt, literally, it's all good.

This isn't the first time my poor tailbone has taken a beating, and I have to say I forgot how painful it is. It's fine when I am up walking around. It's the sitting down, getting up and finding a comfortable position (hence the inability to sleep tonight) that hurts.

Yeeowch.

Lucky Gummy Bear and I are tough cookies.

1 comment:

  1. OHMYGOODNESS! Thank God you and your little gummy bear are okay!!! Take care of yourself momma! That sounds like a good excuse to kick back, relax and eat icecream though ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your mark!