Friday, July 16, 2010

Exhale

I'm so happy to be writing this post today!

I had a check up with the Doctor this past Tuesday and after discovering that I lost another 3 lbs he decided to send me for a rush ultrasound, just to put our minds at ease. Basically just to check that Gummy Bear is gaining weight and growing properly. The ultrasound department called me this morning and asked if I could be there by lunch time! Sissy came with me today because Hubby was working.

The ultrasound technician who performed the exam was so nice, she actually did my last one as well. She turned the screen so I could see everything and explained it all to me!! Long story short, Gummy is doing very well. He/she is weighing in at 2lbs 14 oz which is right on target!! His/her heart rate was 142bpm. It was so nice to see, and really put our minds at ease!! :)

Here is a little picture of the sweety on our first trip to get an ultrasound at 20 weeks:


its a beautiful little profile view of him/her!! You can even see the little nose!! So cute.

And, here is one of the pictures from today, its not as clear, because apparently they get cramped for space by this time and its more difficult to get a good picture:


The long thingy above the head is actually the arm. He/she is facing you, I know its hard to tell, but thats the little face :)

The funny thing is, I didn't realize how worried I was until I was actually laying down on the bed, getting the scan done. I was beyond relieved.

What a way to end the week!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your mark!