Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cough, Cough, Sneeze, Sneeze

Boo to coming down with a cold. Double boo to coming down with a cold while preggo. Triple fricken boo to coming down with a cold while preggo on the HOTTEST summer day of the year while staying in your trailer on the beautiful Bras D'or Lakes while your Hubby is on vacay. Man. This sucks. Thankfully, our little trailer is only 1 hour away so I was able to make the trek home to my air conditioned, heavenly, happy little home safely and quickly. Still wish I was able to tough it out though. We stayed last night as well, so I guess all was not lost since I had a great evening and enjoyed a wonderful brekkie with Ma D (Eggs Benedict - my first time trying it....YUM!!).



I literally felt like I could barely breath in the humidity. Oh my, not a good feeling. I even DROVE to the beach, which, keep in mind, is literally down a hill (not even a steep hill) from our trailer and walked in the water with my glasses, skirt, top and shoes on to try to escape the heat, but I still felt like I was run over by a semi. And besides the heat, I was stalked all day by these monster, nun-chuck weilding Horse Flies from H. E. Double Hockey Sticks. My foot and hand are still swollen from the bites! They never had that effect on me before, so either Gummy Bear being in my belly makes me a little more sensitive to their nastiness or my pregnant blood is just so damn good that I was lucky enough to get more bites then usual.

Anyways, I'm back home again without my Hubby (he decided to stay the night to make the most of his vacay, and I have my Rockstar Daughter to dote on me) but with my good friends food network and laptop. Could be worse I suppose.

Hope everyone else enjoyed this glorious day! I know there will be plenty more where this one came from.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel much better soon!!!
    p.S. I now want eggs benedict thankyouverymuch! haha

    ReplyDelete

Leave your mark!