Monday, August 23, 2010

Life's a Breech

Gummy Bear and I had an appointment with Dr. M today. It went well, BP was great, urine test was fine, I'm up half a pound and no swelling and Baby's heart beat was 156 bpm. The only negative thing is that he believes that he/she is still breech. So, next step is to go see him again in two weeks, if he thinks that the baby is STILL breech then, I will have to go for an ultrasound and to see an obstetrician to discuss a possibility of a C-section :(
Mama doesn't want a C-section. Hopefully my exercises will eventually get this little guy/girl to turn naturally. We will have to see. I've been reading a lot about something called Version where the doctor actually turns the baby either internally or externally. It is supposedly very painful and can actually cause you to go in to labour, that's why it is not done until at least week 38. Dr. M didn't even mention this, so I'm assuming it's nothing to think about yet. We will just have to wait and see.

Does anyone have any advice about breech babies and C sections?

2 comments:

  1. No advice but I am crossing my fingers that your little gummy bear turns all on his/her own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had 2 c-sections the labor is easy but the recovery sucks :(but hopefully your baby will turn on his/her own and if you do have to do the c-section you will be ok it will take longer to recover but you will have lots of help from your family and friends. if you have any question about a c-section let me know and i'll do my best to answer them for you! Take care

    ReplyDelete

Leave your mark!