Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Eat, Pray, Loved It?

Movie Review time....don't worry, you won't find any movie ruiner's in this post. Even though I'm one of those weirdo people who BEG to have someone tell me the outcome of a movie or TV show (Big Brother Spoiler websites are bookmarked on my computer) I wouldn't do the same to any unsuspecting poor soul. I'll just tell Sissy later, since she has the same cooky attitude as moi.

Eat, Pray, Love

The movie was pretty good. I think I enjoyed it a little more then good friend N. We went on our bi-weekly movie date (gotta love $6.00 admission nights!) and chose this one as the subject of our movie critiquing scrutiny. I did like it, but it was over 2 hours long, which usually adds up to me being super bored and losing my interest, but it was definitely do-able. The message of the movie was a great one. Very deep and uplifting (if your into that kind of stuff) and I liked Julia Roberts as the main character. Most of her movies are hit or miss for me.

Our evening was still a great one, we always have fun catching up on our news/adventures/funny stories (Gossip). Boston Pizza provided me with my newest food obsession. Southwest Potato Skins. Yum. I'm already thinking of when I can back there to order more. What time do you think they open today? :)

I would say the movie was a success, although, I think it says a lot that while we were waiting for the previews to begin, we both were exerting WAY too much excitement about the new Jackass 3D movie coming out.....maybe that tells you I'm not the right gal to give my opinion on a deep, spiritual, uplifting movie. I can't help it, those Jackass boys hold a special place in this chick's heart.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your assessment of the movie. One thing I learned — girls who are 37 weeks pregnant shouldn't be so delusional to think that they can deal with going to a movie at 9:50 p.m., let alone a 2h15m one! Soo long. Zzzzzz. But Julia Roberts was perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your mark!