Monday, August 9, 2010

Attention Daddy-Bears

I've been thinking lately about what to post about, and I think I've come up with a little somethin somethin....

How about a little list for the daddy-to-be's out there? Everyone knows that the Mamabear is obviously the main "incubator" for the precious little baby in there, but Daddy's play a very important role to.

If you want to keep your lady happy and less-stressed during these 9 months, here are a few little tips I've come up with. Of course, these are based on Hubby and I.

1. Read up on massages. Any kind. Back, foot, hand, belly.....any kind. You never know which body part will be needing some TLC. It can change from day-to-day. For me, it has been my lower back. I think this is mostly because of the pregnancy, but also because of my total lack of coordination when walking. Especially down stairs. Ouch.

2. Learn to cook for yourself. I'm sure most of you can cook, and are quite good at it. That's a good thing. Take me for example: considering I puked all day, everyday for 4.5 months and could only hold down slushie's and Popsicles, I really had to depend on Hubby to provide breakfast/lunch and dinners for himself and Rockstar Daughter. He did great! The last thing any Mamabear plagued with morning sickness wants to do it cook. Yuck. So, tune in to the Food Network boys for some pointers :)

3. Don't complain. This one may sound harsh, but there is nothing worse then hearing your Hubby complain of a runny nose or sore throat when you have a huge belly full of destruction that is preparing to catapult out of your body. Trust us guys, NOTHING you have ever felt or will ever feel will EVER compare to this.

4. Read. A good pregnancy book will help you through these 9 months. Hubby has one that his lovely Sister-in-Law C and Brother-in-Law B purchased for him as a thoughtful gift that he reads frequently. He also researches on the Internet and always has some cute little fact about the baby that he tells me. I love knowing that he cares enough to look for that kind of stuff.

5. Prepare yourself for the labour and delivery. Watching the "Baby Story" on TLC won't cut it either. I'm talking real birth stuff here.....none of those edited, blurred out crappy TV shows that don't always really portray a perfect vision of what it can be like. Since I have already delivered one Gummy Bear 11 years ago, I do have some memory about what can/will happen. Hubby is a first timer. I have no worries that he will do wonderful. I always try to be honest about what to expect from me and all the goings-on of that day. I'm excited to see how he reacts. Just remember that every labour is different and anything can happen or change in an minute. You will never forget this day, it's one of the best in both of your lives.

So, these are only little tidbits of what I feel is important for a partner to do during a woman's pregnancy.

There are some that go without saying like;
Don't argue
Be patient
Always have yummy, nutritious snacks available
Do what she says.
(Feel free to use this one after the baby is born to.....for the duration of your marriage. It'll make things easier for you!)

Feel free to add any!

I know my Hubby meets all these requirements....that's why I know he will be a wonderful Daddy Bear to our Gummy. :)

3 comments:

  1. You know something, you're getting to be quite the writer "Mama Bear"....Interesting stuff...You can put what you feel on paper/computer....Guess all you need is a little inspiration....You've got the knack that's for sure....

    Gramma Bear D....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read that tennis balls are great to have on hand to help with massages, so we tried it out — it feels great and Husband finds his hands don't get tired.

    Brother & Sister-In-Law B & C got Husband a book too and ever since he read it, he's much better at keeping up on all pregnancy-related discussions ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha-this cracks me up. Just out of curiosity-wanna share what Baby book for Dad's your hubby is reading?? Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete

Leave your mark!