Wednesday, September 1, 2010

One of Nature's Masterpieces

Family.
How can you even begin to try to explain the importance of your family. Nowadays, there are many versions, whether the main caregivers are a mom and dad, two moms, two dads, one mom or one dad, grandparents, aunts or uncles, foster moms and dads, it doesn't really matter. Everyone needs someone who they know is in their corner and have their back 100%. Everyone, young or old, needs someone who they can count on to stand up for them when they themselves want to give up or just turn a blind eye. I know I am one of the lucky ones. I am lucky to have lots of support, love and understanding from some very wonderful people out there that I call family.

Hopefully I am giving my Rockstar Daughter the same kind of support and love that I was fortunate enough to experience my entire life, and still do to this day. I know that if someone is mean to me, treats me unfairly, offends my character or even looks at me the wrong way my own Mamabear and Sissy will be there by my side, no questions asked. I know that because it has happened and I think it's safe to say that it will continue to happen because that's just life.

Hubby and I are very protective of each other. Sometimes, when I see people treat him unfairly it almost bothers me more then if it were happening to me. That's what family is all about.

Just feeling very emotional tonight....thanks Gummy Bear :).....and wanted to give shout outs to all of you who have had my back, stuck up for me, supported me, steered me in the right direction or let me make my own mistakes when I was headed in the wrong one. Trust me, I know how fortunate I am.

1 comment:

  1. This is all very true! :) It's so nice to remind ourselves how lucky we are to be surrounded by so many special people — that includes you, MamaBear! xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave your mark!