Friday, September 23, 2011

Where I'm From

When I read Lindsey's beautiful entry on her awesome blog, I couldn't wait to start mine. She has a way with words, so simple yet very descriptive. Read hers here:
www.newlyb.blogspot.com


I am from an oversized chair that rocks precious babies to sleep, from Heinz ketchup and reality TV shows.

I am from the the loud music from Dad's stereo that makes up our own special soundtrack. I am from Mom's many books that I've browsed through many times.

I am from my beautiful girls and my love filled marriage.

I am from the roses as red as my lipstick on our wedding day.

I am from year round BBQ's and inside jokes, from Hardy and Burns and now Dickie.

I am from the friendly, fair and good natured.

I am from the support I've had and the lessons I've learned.

I am from karma and believing everything happens for a reason.

I’m from Cape Breton, fish chowder and too-strong cups of tea.

I am from photos on the walls, in albums and keepsake boxes that help me remember who and what is important.

3 comments:

Leave your mark!