Monday, November 29, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I cannot believe that I have yet to mention in my previous posts how much I love all things Christmas! I love decorations. Christmas trees. Giving presents. Getting presents :P. All the yummy treats. Family visits. Turkey dinner. Busy shopping malls. The only thing I do not like is the dreaded wrapping. I despise it. Nothing gets me in a more bah humbug mood then seeing the mountain of gifts I have to wrap. I'm not good at it. They always come out looking like a toddler did it. So, I either always put the gifts in pretty bags or pay Rockstar Daughter a small fee for each present she wraps. In the past, I've gotten away with paying her a quarter for each gift, but I'm thinking this year she is going to take me for everything I have. She is quite the little negotiator.

When I was little Christmas was always such a fun time. My mom, dad, sister and I would go visiting family and then cap the night off with dancing and loud music. We had so much fun. To be honest, most of my Christmas memories do not revolve around gifts or parties, but always involve those fun nights spent with our little family in the living room of our house, watching Christmas specials on TV, making home movies, laughing about inside jokes, dancing in the middle of the room, looking out the window at all the lights on our neighbours homes, and just the general silliness that still to this day exists between us all, which now includes our hubbies and children.

These memories are the types that I want my girls to remember years from now, not who got what under the tree. I hope they look back at the past the way that I do and are lucky enough to be able to say that all the memories are happy, joyful ones, no matter how simple. The simplest things in life are most likely to be worth the most.

Cheers to the beginning of another wonderful Christmas Season
XO

3 comments:

  1. Aww that's beautiful Sheena :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for making a crappy day disappear just by being your sweet self.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet!! Happy Holidays to you and your wonderful family!!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your mark!